Delivery dates are Wednesday Dec. 7th and Thursday Dec. 8th, 2022
We have been blessed beyond measure this year and we truly appreciate the community for coming out to support the Sioux Falls Cares mission.
If you have already registered as a driver, please join us at your chosen time. If you just visiting our site and looking to make an impact, please consider a monetary donation.
A Few Hours of Your Time Can Make a World of Difference
We’re always looking for volunteers who are willing to commit a few hours, and a friendly spirit, to help our cause. We have opportunities for both individuals and companies to get involved. We welcome families and businesses to host fundraisers and drives throughout the year. If you are looking to host a drive, please email us to learn about items we need.
Our greatest volunteer need is for drivers around the holiday season. Drivers deliver gifts and necessities to our families. While it requires some time and dedication, it can be one of our most rewarding volunteer efforts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out our list of frequently asked questions about volunteering, and feel free to email us if you're not finding what you're looking for.
- Volunteers are asked to practice social distancing at all times.
- Volunteers on Wednesday and Thursday night should provide a contactless loading experience for all giving their time to deliver gifts.
Delivery Driver Expectations
- Delivery drivers are asked to remain inside your vehicle during the loading process. Loading volunteers will work to ensure a contactless approach and practice social distancing throughout the loading process.
- It is strongly encouraged that delivery drivers and their delivery guests bring all gifts/boxes to the Doorstep of the recipient families while practicing social distancing.
- All volunteer delivery drivers and their guests are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings while making deliveries.
- Our team has installed additional hand sanitizing stations around the chalet to encourage good hygiene.
- The Sioux Falls Cares team has reduced the number of touch points for all for a more contactless experience.
You will transport items that can be heavy and/or bulky. Included in the boxes will be food, toys, and clothing. Each volunteer can make anywhere from one to four deliveries a night. All deliveries require a minimum of two people.
You will pick up the items from the Expo building at the Sioux Falls Fairgrounds. There can be a line of several cars waiting to get items for delivery, so we thank you for your patience. The line might appear long, but we are very efficient in our loading process.
You just have to drive in and tell us where to load the gifts. Our team of volunteers will load all packages into your vehicle for you.
Finally, within minutes we will provide you with a document that has all the contact information for your recipient family and your off to spread the joy of Christmas!
Most cars can hold at least one delivery and larger cars can take two. Expect each delivery to have a couple of 20"x20" size boxes, a couple of reusable bags, and possibly some loose items such as gallons of milk.
Yes. There will most likely be a line when you first get to the fairgrounds, but we move extremely fast with our loading so you won't have to wait long. We encourage you to build up your Christmas spirit singing or simply take a few minutes to talk with family / friends about all the things your thankful for this holiday season. Feel confident that we load 10-15 cars in just a few minutes, so the lines go nice and fast!
Absolutely! This is a great opportunity to see the community coming together and giving back.
Yes! We have around 350 deliveries to make each night. The more help we can get, the better.
If you cannot make your delivery time you signed up for, please come when you can. We will not turn anyone down outside their scheduled time slot. We appreciate the help!
You will receive a control sheet with instructions on what to do. It’s a simple text to let us know your delivery is complete.
Donate to Sioux Falls Cares
Consider giving to Sioux Falls Cares and help a family in need during the holidays.Donate Now